If you think that going to the doctors can be a huge pain, you are not alone. We all know that you are likely coming to see a chiropractor to become pain-free, but why not make the entire experience as hassle and pain free as possible. Chiropractic should be simple and effective, but that’s not always the case. Consumer Reports surveyed 1000 individuals asking them what made them the angriest regarding a doctors appointment. Here are their results:
Pain Free Chiropractor visits
Let us now look at some of the top annoyances, and what Dr. Eric and Cuse Chiro do to minimize these issues, so that you can have the best experience possible.
- Unclear explanation of the problem – Dr. Eric always leaves ample time for questions concerning your diagnosis. He is willing to answer any questions that you may have, and if not, he will find out for you. While he
- Test results not communicated fast – As with most Chiropractic offices, a majority of our tests are orthopedic in nature. These tests are done in the office and the results are communicated to you as they are deemed pertinent.
- Hard to get quick appointment when sick – Dr. Eric is still accepting new patients and can likely get you in the very day you need it, or at least on the very next day. You can schedule online 24/7 but if you need something quicker than what is available, please call or text the office.
- Rushed during office visit – Our new patient office visits are scheduled for an hour. This is usually more than enough time for the examination and first chiropractic treatment. While most appointments don’t need the entire hour, this gives you ample time to ask any questions you may have about your visit.
When was the last time you were able to spend 15 minutes with your doctor, let alone an entire hour?
- Issues discussed within earshot of other patients – Dr. Eric’s appointments are one on one, there are no other patients around that could overhear our confidential conversations.
- Side effects not fully explained – Again, with most chiropractic offices, the most likely side effect, although still rare, is muscle soreness that usually goes away after the first 24 hours.
- Long wait for doctor in exam or waiting room – We pride ourselves on being on time with patient appointments. Most of our patient are with the doctor within 5 minutes of their scheduled time. On rare occasion, if someone truly needs some extra time and it sets you back, please know that Dr. Eric would do the same for you if you needed it.
- Hard to reach doctor by phone or email – Dr. Eric tries to answer all calls within normal business hours whether he is in the office or not. Dr. Eric also tries to respond to each email and other digital media as quick as possible. He also tries to be accessible via any other medium you can think of. Text messages are probably the fastest and easiest. However, I have booked new patient appointments via instagram and FB message before.
- Doctor too quick to recommend tests – At Cuse Chiro we believe that most specialized testing (x-rays or MRIs) will likely not result in a change in diagnosis and treatment. Therefore, it is only the rare occasion that we will recommend any further tests. I believe that too many chiropractors rely on x-rays as a scare tactic and marketing tool to increase their bottom line.
- Doctor takes notes on device, not looking at patient – Although our note programs are digital, Dr. Eric generates his digital note after the patient leaves, maximizing his patient contact while they are in the office.
- Must fill out many forms in the waiting room – All your documents are provided to you as soon as your appointment is confirmed, allowing you to fill out your paperwork at your leisure. Half of our forms are completely digital and can be filled out on your cell phone or tablet, while the other half is sent as a downloadable PDF that can be printed or filled out and emailed into the office.
While nobody may love going to the doctors, we will strive to meet and exceed your expectations, to get you out of pain as fast as possible and give you the knowledge to keep yourself healthy and happy. Contact Cuse Chiro today!